ARGH! I just lost my post for one, but more importantly, I have sinned. I have been working on a class about teaching young children how to write papers. I have let my mind wander and have been scheming how to get Mrs. B to let me incorporate this into her classroom, as well as a plan.
But then Tammy sent me this article. KINDERGARTNERS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE READING AND WRITING YET EVEN IF THEY CAN DO IT. IN AN EFFORT TO STAY UP WITH CHINA, WE ARE OVER-KILLING THEIR BRAINS. Read all about it. The parents, nor the teachers seem to get that. How am I going to make a difference or am I going to fall into the same trap as everyone else because my job states that I must do it this way???? And I want to work. I want to make a difference. Oh, and then there are my own kids. . . but they might be a lost cause. Lost to the school system. Maybe I could save Christina since she'd rather play and be creative.
ARGH! I just lost my post for one, but more importantly, I have sinned. I have been working on a class about teaching young children how to write papers. I have let my mind wander and have been scheming how to get Mrs. B to let me incorporate this into her classroom, as well as a plan.
ReplyDeleteBut then Tammy sent me this article. KINDERGARTNERS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE READING AND WRITING YET EVEN IF THEY CAN DO IT. IN AN EFFORT TO STAY UP WITH CHINA, WE ARE OVER-KILLING THEIR BRAINS. Read all about it. The parents, nor the teachers seem to get that. How am I going to make a difference or am I going to fall into the same trap as everyone else because my job states that I must do it this way???? And I want to work. I want to make a difference. Oh, and then there are my own kids. . . but they might be a lost cause. Lost to the school system. Maybe I could save Christina since she'd rather play and be creative.
HELP!